Friday, October 17, 2014

On Turning 25




Google Images


So I just turned 25 last month. When I was younger, I've been hearing from other people who have reached my age now that they’re going through a quarter-life crisis. At the time I don’t know what that is. All I saw is that people are in pain. They are pressured to becoming someone who they are not yet given their age. So when my turn to become 25 finally came, my thoughts flew back into the days when I witnessed people who went through a quarter-life crisis. And I wonder, will I experience that myself? Will I also be pressured about not becoming someone other people will look up to?

However, during my birthday, I didn't notice any difference at all. Except that I received birthday greetings and well wishes everywhere. I was happy for sure. Reading messages from the people who mattered most to me, and seeing how they teased me with their greetings was a day maker. But other than that it’s completely another typical day that will surely pass. And it did.

It’s October now. A month has passed since I turned 25. However, my thoughts and emotions didn't change a bit. Indeed, it was exactly the same as before. I didn't experience any nervous breakdown because I’m not as wealthy as Steve Jobs when he was my age nor am I depressed because I am not as famous as Taylor Swift. In fact, I don’t feel like 25 at all. Or 24, 23, or even 12 for that matter. I am who I am now. My age doesn't play an issue about being me. It’s just a number and for as long as I don’t feel any health issues that come with an old age, I don’t think my age will affect how I think about myself.

Each of us, I believe, has his own time in realizing our real purpose in life. So depending on how quick or slow were you able to find yours will you be able to work on it, thus achieve it. There are people who found success at the senile age of 66 like Colonel Sanders while there are others who have built great empires at their tender age like Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg. But hell if it matters. Just get on your track and keep working on what you believe is your purpose of being. Surely, you’ll struck your luck and nail down your dream in time. But if not, who cares, anyway as the saying goes, success is a journey, not a destination. 


No comments:

Post a Comment